Saturday, September 25, 2010

Software Review: Mendeley

Finding a resource management software ended up being really easy. I searched cross-plastform because I work on a Mac in the lab, a PC at home, and up until today, my laptop was running ubuntu. (Since ASUS is no longer providing drivers for linux, and I really wanted to be able to skype with Braden while in Denmark, I'm installing Windows on it, at least temporarily.) Mendeley is absolutely fantastic. It scans pdfs to try and autofill citation information, while allowing you to sync files or information across computers. I'm so into this software right now. I have't encountered any bugs that I want gone or features that I'm desperately missing.

Mendeley exports to EndNote if you happen to have access to commercial software, as well as exporting to BibTex. I'm digging it so far. I'd chat it up a bit more, but I need to put together my personal-item purse/bag/whatevs for the flight to Denmark. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment