Thursday, January 14, 2010

Introduction

My name is Tia Shelley and I am a graduate student in computer science, pursuing human-centered design and specifically the human computer interaction tree. You have likely found this blog through a link I delivered, and thus, that's the depth of introduction to me that I feel I should present.

Over the years, I've written many different types of blogs. On-going stories, the livejournal that documents most of my high school career and all of my college years. This blog is not for that. This is for documenting the path to becoming a PhD. That means, in general, this blog is going to be utterly filled with summaries, abstracts, and various links to projects I'm working on. I'm keeping this to keep track of my sources because it's easier to search a web page than it is to search a binder full of papers. I'm using this to make sure I process every paper I read at least to the depth that I can post a summary and brief review of each article. My frustrations and successes with courses and the graduate school life style will, for the most part, be something for my personal journal and not for this particular blog, unless it has some greater impact than just my mood.

Last semester, I took Virtual Reality and Networking. Networking will probably come up again while I'm studying for my qualifier exams over the next month, but VR has a very high potential of becoming a common topic despite the fact that the class is over. This semester, I'm taking User Interface Design, Research Methods in Computer Science and Video Game Design. Any projects for these classes will probably be roughly outlined here under tags for each class. General research will be tagged with authors, subject, and either review or summary.


1 comment: